Our dentist is able to change the shape of your teeth with a dental contouring procedure. You can learn more about this service by reading the information below or by calling our office at (770) 386-3908.
Changes Dental Contouring Can Make
- Balance a bite
- Shorten long teeth
- Smooth out chipped or pointed teeth
- Straighten slightly crooked or crowded teeth
- Reshape misshapen teeth
Benefits Of Dental Contouring
- Comfortable (usually doesn’t require a local anesthetic)
- Quick (on average, the appointment time is 30 minutes)
The Process Of Dental Contouring
- We will take X-rays to make sure that you have enough tooth enamel for this procedure.
- You and our dentist will discuss the changes you want made. Dr. Paul Eberhard will draw out these areas with a marker.
- Using a drill or laser, our dentist will remove tooth enamel.
- We will smooth and polish your teeth.
Other Information About Dental Contouring
- Dental contouring is also known as tooth reshaping or cosmetic tooth contouring.
- This procedure is often done in conjunction with dental bonding.
- Though your teeth may feel sensitive after this procedure, it should only be a temporary sensation.
- Though it is more of a cosmetic procedure, dental contouring can help to treat dental problems like bruxism, TMJ disorder, and an uneven bite.