If you are experiencing a dental emergency in Cartersville, Georgia, we ask that you come into Mockingbird Dental Associates right away to meet with Drs. Paul Eberhard and Masoud Shoukoohi and receive your needed treatment. If you cannot come into our office within an hour of the injury or trauma, our dentists recommend doing the following things:
- Knocked-Out Tooth: If you have knocked a permanent tooth out of your mouth, we ask that you retrieve the tooth and only hold it by the crown, which is the portion of your tooth that was visible while it was still in your mouth. If you rinse the tooth off, please do not scrub the surfaces. If it is possible, try and put the tooth back into its socket without forcing it into place. If that is not possible, we ask that you keep the tooth in a cup of milk or a cup of salt water until you see your dentist.
- Lost Crown: If your dental crown has fallen off your tooth, we ask that you keep the crown and bring it into the office with you. Until then, you can dull any pain by applying clove oil to the surfaces of the tooth. Then, cover the tooth with toothpaste or over-the-counter dental cement and place the crown back over your tooth. Please do not use super glue.
- Lost Filling: If you have lost a filling, you can fill the hole of your tooth with a sugarless piece of gum or over-the-counter dental cement. Come into our office right away so your dentist can take the proper steps of filling your tooth.
- Chipped or Broken Tooth: If you have chipped or broken your tooth, please try and save any pieces and bring them into the office with you. Until then, you can take over-the-counter pain medications and ice the area to dull any pain or discomfort you feel.
- Partially Dislodged Tooth: If you have a partially dislodged tooth, we ask that you see a dental professional as soon as possible. Until then, ice the area and take over-the-counter pain medications to relieve the pain.
For more tips on what to do during a dental emergency, call our office today at 770-386-3908!